Thursday, November 3, 2016

What do you do with your scraps? - by Toni Herron

Welcome back crafters, it's Toni here with an age old question that has been asked between crafters of all kinds. 
What do you do with your scraps? 

I personaly keep EVERYTHING! Yes, it's pretty ridiculous, but I just can't make myself throw it in the bin. 

My first project today is made up of the leftover pieces from one of my favourite collections this year. With only a handful of scraps and a couple of larger 12" pieces left, I decided to create this Bag In A Box with 2 small cards and 2 tags, featuring beatufil Memory Maze chipboard of course. 

Bag In A Box with Cards



I have showcased a great range of basic application techniques for this project. 
First is the large piece on the front window. It has been coloured white with Crackle Paint. Honestly, my crackle paint is quite a few years old and is very thick and glugy now. It was much too thick in some parts, but the bubble bits made a great guide for where is glue on some glitter. 

The smaller piece on the card was coloured by using a Misting Spray. 
The small flowers on top are painted black with distress Rocky Candy glitter to make it shine. 

The flowers that are connected are actually cut from a 12" boarder strip piece. It was painted white and then heat embossed with a "puff" white embossing powder.



Memory Maze products used; 

Flower pieces







My second project that I will share quickly is a very simple card with the leftover Flag shaped chipboard that I had cut off a 12" strip used on an eariler project..  

Coloured by daubing some Distress Ink on to the chipboard pieces and edging them with a Pinecone mini inkpad..




Memory Maze products used; 




Thank you so much for joining me today
Toni Herron
2016 Memory Maze DT Member



No comments:

Post a Comment