Friday, April 22, 2016

Swimming Champ Canvas - by Toni Herron

I have been so lucky to get to play with the brand new Memory Maze Swimming Design Set! I have a project to share with you which I used a couple of the pieces.
 
This canvas features my oldest son Lane, whom is the new 2016 CQ Champ for 12yr old Backstroke!
 
He actually had a terrible swim, but it was still good enough to beat his competition by quite a decent margin. The photos on the left are from one of the State Championships in Brisbane. The photos on the right are actually from the carnival in Gladstone where he recorded his PB for this event (quite a bit quicker than what he swam in Rockhampton for the CQ Champs).
 

 
To start off with, I prepped the base of the canvas with white gesso. I sprayed with two Gold mists and a blue mist, then went over the top with a Goosebumps spray plus a wonderful sprinkling of Distress Clear Rock glitter. This baby SHINES!  
 
For the chipboard pieces, I used the following products and techniques;
*Ribbon - Blue fluff to give a Felt feel. Black ink for the inner circle.
*1- Gold ink
*perfection - Dipped in multiple layers of silver Opal embossing powder and then drizzled with Gold embossing powder.
*Lane Ropes - both are covered with multiple layers of the Silver Opal embossing powder
 
Here is the effect of the two different embossing powders on "perfections" and the awesome felt look with the fluff on the blue first place ribbon.
 
Although I have used Thickers for the title, you can easily achieve the same effect with Memory Maze Alphas with either some Gold Opal embossing powders / normal Gold embossing powder with Dimensional magic / gold ink with Dimensional magic.
I decided to make the Lane Ropes the silver instead of traditional colours as the Metallic look was really flowing for me..

 
The canvas was finished off with the Memory Maze swimmer stencil. I turned it upside down and on a slight angle to look somewhat like a Backstroker.. Last touches were three clusters of random swimming words. I did ink the edges of the photos very subtly with some black ink. Not very noticeable, but very defining aspect between the colourful canvas base and the colours in the photos.
 
 
I would like to say a very big THANK YOU to Memory Maze and Sally for allowing me to have a little bit of creative input with these swimming designs. I appreciate the opportunity very much, especially with something like this as it is so close to my heart. I love watching my boys swim and get overwhelmed with pride when I see Lane reach yet another goal or achievement!
 
 
Memory Maze products used;
 
Perfection
 
SWIM stencil 110 x 180mm
 
Swim team  110 x 180mm    swimming team carnival, Min buy 3
 
Swim, 110 x 180,

Thank you so much for joining me today
Toni Herron
2016 Memory Maze DT Member


1 comment: