Sunday, June 1, 2014

Tracey Campbell's June Reveal

June is the start of the cold winter months.....and the start of our Winter Themed reveals here at Memory Maze Designs, where we will showcase some of the extensive Winter products in the store. Now that we live in Darwin we don't really have a winter - we have a dry or wet season instead..so I will share a layout that I did about the girls in the Snow Dome when they saw snow for the very first time.

Cool Dude

For this layout I have used the Boxed in Squares as the background in it's raw state - love how natural the colour looks and how the squares give my layout a really geometrical feel. It reminds me on the cut ice blocks that made up the igloo in the Snow Dome.
For the title Cool Dude I inked the words with a grey ink and then mixed some texture paste with some white glitter and applied randomly to the words to make it look like the snow had fallen on them.
Memory Maze Product used:
Product ID: Boxed In Squares BIS
Product ID: Cool Dude S0189
************************
Well that is all I have of winter or cold photos so I am taking you overseas on an adventure that we had recently when we visited Singapore and went to their wonderful Zoo.

Monkeying Around

 We got to experience a lot of wonderful animal adventures none more exciting than being so extremely close to the beautiful orange orang-utans. For this layout I have used some of the micro chipboard pieces as tiny embellishments to finish off my clusters. I really like how they are the perfect size to use on a layout or in pocket pages.
Here I have used the micro camera and the feathers. To add a touch of colour I covered the lens cap of the camera with a bit of washi tape.
The geotags are the perfect way to point out a location - here I have once again covered the chipboard with some washi tape and then adhered one of the small arrows to point to the words "Singapore Zoo" in the photo.
Memory Maze Product Used:
Product ID: Arrow Markers
 Product ID: Camera Mini S0774
 Micro Feathers S0747
***********************
Now I have also recently started Pocket Pages, but I must admit I do not follow it daily or weekly like it originally was meant to be done. I do mine on events where I usually have lots of photos and don't want to do a mini album or lots of 12 x 12 pages. So below I am going to share some of my pocket pages that I have done to match my Monkeying Around layout above.

Once again I have kept the chipboard shapes in their raw state as I think that it suited the nature of my layout.
Some close ups below;





Memory Maze Product used:
Product ID: Micro Arrows S0710
 
 Product ID: Cameras Mini S0774
 Micro Feathers S0747
Authentic Word Sheet S0807
***************************
Well thanks for popping in and seeing what I have made for you in this first month of Winter.
Hugs
Tracey
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment