Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A little bit of Memory Maze Chipboard Magic~ DT Share by Donna O'leary

Hello all...  So glad to be back to share another fun lot of projects I have created.  Our theme this month is Easter!  So I have a hopping project to start of with and then a special gift I made my daughter for her 21st.  I have also created a layout to share,  so go grab a coffee/tea and relax.   ENJOY


EASTER DELIGHT


I went to spotlight the other day and my daughter picked up this wee basket to put her so called shopping in,  I had to giggle at her, she is such a cutie-pie.  She had been so good that I decided that she could bring the basket home.  Later that night I sunk into her room and borrowed it.  Much to her delight the next day she got a bit of a surprise. I applied lace around the outer ring and then used some lovely Memory Maze(MM) flowers and MM chipboard to decorate it.


I embossed the little chicken in a pastel yellow Wow Embossing Powder (WEP) and a pink glitter WEP for the larger eggs.


I spaced my flowers out and in-between each flower I added and embossed MM chipboard egg.

* * * * *

HAPPY EASTER


Inside the basket I made a Easter card,  this time using a cute bunny chipboard.  I had two of these so I cut the bunny out if the second one and placed it on top of the other bunny to give it some height.  I embossed the bunny with a very cool white puff WEP which made the bunny look fluffy.


I added some stunning wee bright flowers from MM and a MM grass chipboard.  I coloured the grass with Gelatos


and again embossed my wee eggs with some glitter embossing powders.  Ruby loves them both.

* * * * *

 A SPECIAL GIFT



I love making gifts for the special people in my life,  I found the middle jar in a op ship and thought it would be really good to make something with it.  My first job was to remove all the labels of the three jars.  I then completely covered the whole jar with versa mark so my embossing powder would stick.  I then got the top end of a little paint brush ans doodled in the embossing powder.  Once I had the desired effect I heat set the embossing powder.


I was over the moon when Sally (owner of Memory Maze) said that she will be stocking flowers,  as you can tell I love them!  I got a huge parcel of some lovely blooms!  A must have for any scrappers stash.


To decorate the jars with the flowers and and old necklace I used a hot glue gun.  Very handy and fast.  Just perfect for the job!


I  found a Prima butterfly that was the perfect match for my project.


Two more close ups of the details


I am happy to report she loved this present and it now sits proudly in her bedroom.

* * * * *

SWEET DREAMER


I fell in love with this photo of Amber-Leigh.  It was taken at her big sisters 21st and she thought the props I had brought for the photo booth were cool and wore them all night. Lol apart from myself and Sammy I don't think I actually got any photos of  them :-) 


This layout is full of MM goodies, hidden in this photos is a clock, bird and leaves plus a number of MM flowers.  I coloured the MM with metallic rub-ons.


More of the stunning flowers MM now has in stock.

\

For the banner I inked the outer edge with distress ink and then coloured the  words with a black marker.  For the flower vine I used a mixture of gelatos and a black marker for the detail.


again the same as above for the word banner and a mixture of run-on for the three birds.


I love those buds...  I need so many more of those as they are great fillers for projects.

* * * * *

Product used for my projects.

Clog Clocks and hands
Flat banner words - Celebrate
Rows of birds
Flower flourish vine
Mixed peach/orange tulips
Mixed white/cream lily
White Wild Roses
Blues wild roses
Pink/white Chrysanthemums
Small White Orchids
Rosebuds
Mixture Sweetheart Blooms
Mixed colour small Gardenia
Bunny and egg pack
Chicken Easter pack
mini Grasses
Mini Easter Eggs

Thanks for stopping by today,  hope you enjoyed my share!   Happy scrappin xox Donna

.




No comments:

Post a Comment