Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Memory Maze Chipboard, So many different ways to use Chipboard.

Hello and welcome back,  so glad you could pop on over and take a look. 
 Today I have three projects to share with you.  So far 2014 has been very productive. 
 Might be that fact that the weather has been horrid! 
 My kids are going a bit stir crazy inside all day so we have been getting inky :-)

This months theme is celebration and there has been a lot of that happening around here. 
 Christmas,  New Years,  Birthdays and still more birthday to come. 
 My wee Alex is growing up so fast, last week he turned 6!  Where has the years gone. 
 I have created a double page layout because I loved all the photos of Alex blowing his candles out and did not know which one to use, so I used them all.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

 For the Happy birthday I have painted it with Distress paint,  
you could use any paint but I love my distress paint.


The pinked stars I spent a bit of time gluing down and covering it with paper then cutting
round with my craft knife.  I think it was well worth the time,  you could paint them 
but I really liked the texture of the paper.



I used one of the smalled stars as a frame for a photo. 




To finish off the stars I got a white pen and added faux stitches


Memory Maze Products used for this Project:

200 x 200 Pinked Star2

Happy Birthday

* * * * * * * * * *

HOW DOES YOUR GARDEN GROW

 I have had this wee prima doll sitting on my bench for a while,  its been stamped off 
heaps as the girls love colouring her in. I have been meaning to make a project 
with her for a while.  I was going threw my Memory Maze stash :-) 
and thought about making a canvas.  I had no idea what i was doing but pulled out the bricks,
wheel barrows and clouds, so something must of been brewing :-) 



Its amazing how things just happen,
  I started by pulling some of the bricks out, and then I cut it up. 
I then had to back track a bit and make a background, I must of decided
 to make a bit of a garden as all these bits kept being popped on my table :-) 
 like my flowers.



For the water can I used white distress paint to give it a light background to colour,
  you can use gesso too do it as well.  I used distress paint as it does not take as long to dry.
  I really love gesso as you can add texture before you add your colour.
  After the paint dried I used geletos and markers to colour.


I distress painted this super cute mushroom, then coloured with geletos and
 white marker. Once it was dried I  added smooch to bling it up.


Now this wheel barrow was so much fun to do,  distress it :-) if you follow me you will
 know that I love to distress.  I started by applying a thin layer of light distress paint and then let dry.
  I then got distress inks out and added different colours,  splattered water on top.  YUMMO!


Now these are my favourite today,  I was playing around with my melting pot and some
 thick white WOW embossing powder and had this idea (Its not a new idea, as I am sure many people have done it before) of dipping the clouds into the melted embossing powder. I thought I would get a smooth effect but to my delight I got this rippled effect which is perfect for the clouds. 
 I later discovered if you use normal embossing powder you will get a smooth finish.


For the brick work I painted it with distress paints and then flicked with water, 
 simple but effective way to getting a worn look.


For my last idea  I embellished the wheel barrow with lots of pretty blooms .
 Finally I had a pretty place for my prima doll to me on. 
 Hope you like, I know the girls have been fighting over who is going to have this one.


Memory Maze Products used for this Project:



 Wheel barrow and watering can  100 x 190 sold in 3\'s


 Brick Wall

Clouds

lge mushroom

* * * * * * * * * *

ANGEL

I have one more project to share with you tonight,  the other day I was playing round with a 
altered book,  I found the  Memory Maze Angel Chipboard perfect to finish it off. 



I have embossed it with a WOW embossing glitter, love the stuff and just perfect for covering my chippie


Memory Maze Products used for this Project:
Angel - Sweetness  min buy 3

* * * * * * * * * *

Well I hope you have enjoyed my share today.  
Did you count how many ways I have used Memory maze Chipboard today?  lets see.
PAINT IT
COVER IT
FRAME IT
OUTLINE IT
CUT IT (ALTER)
COLOUR IT
GESSO IT
BLING IT
DISTRESS IT
EMBOSS IT
EMBELLISH IT
GLITTER IT 
SO MANY WAYS SO GET IT AND  PLAY

happy Scrappin everyone xox Donna



.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning work Donna, I love it.

    ReplyDelete