Sunday, December 1, 2013

Altered Art and Memory Maze Chipboard (a perfect pair)

Hello and welcome back, Donna here with you today glad you see you have made the web trip to come visit us here at Memory Maze.  

Have you heard the news...........  We are having a DESIGN TEAM CALL OUT!  yes that's right.  Do you love chipboard, working with an amazing Company and being part of a very talented design team.  Then you need to go check out the call....  HERE  This call is open to all  Australian and New Zealand, talented Scrapbookers that can work magic with chipboard.   

Well it's been a very busy month for me here in New Zealand,  getting classes organised, projects finished, the kids (5) and thinking about Christmas.  We have two birthdays before Christmas so I have been working on a project for my daughter Jade who turns 8 tomorrow.  I have also made another doily Christmas decoration for our tree.   Hope you enjoy

                                         "JADE"





I love going to op shops (second-hand) and finding objects to give a second life to. I found this little mini dresser which I thought would look awesome altered.  I started but applying a very thick layer of gesso as it was uneven and letting it dry.  I did not attempt to make it all smooth but instead I left it all messy.  After it completely dried I added a layer of white paint and then my favourite blue, let it dry and then added white again to give it that shabby look.  Then the fun begins.  I collected an assortment of goodies to go on top.  I really love the Memory Maze butterflies, and the vintage frame.


I glued the frame to the mirror and then added some paint, let it dry and started to embellish.  I know the frame does not fit perfectly but I really liked the look.


For  the Memory maze chipboard I painted the lot the same as the dresser and then choose some sparkly embossing glitters to make them pop.


Adding more embellishments :-) for the cogs I painted with copper distress paint.

 

Here is one of the butterflies :-) 

 

I made this for my daughter Jade, so I added her name.  Do you know how hard it is to make letters stand up in the air!  It took a while but I got it in the end.  I painted up some of Tim Holtz bingo bits and added a small lace around them to blend them in.  Then I spent a while holding each letter while the glue dried :-)


and another stunning butterfly on the vintage frame with some Devinne flourish with a bling pearls.

I hope she likes it :-)

..............................

"Doily Bliss"

I had so much fun making the last Christmas doily decoration that I had to make another.  Its such a lovely idea to do and is something you will be able to get the kids to help with.  I got one Memory Maze doily and and another Christmas themed one and painted them all in a light coating of gesso and let them dry.  What this does is gives them a coating of white which you can then go back on once dried and use your favourite pens to added colour.  My favourite pens are my distress pens.  I was able to apply colour to highlight areas. 


After I coloured I added some more embellishments.  I added the lace to the outer edges and bling !  


That's all from me today.  I hope you enjoyed and please remember to go check out the Design Team call out.  This chipboard is totally amazing and comes in so many different designs.  Take care,  happy scrappin and I can now say Merry Christmas xox Donna


Products used today to complete Projects;

Lindas scribble with butterflies dragonflies and birds sold indi


Micro cogs sold 3\'s


Vintage Frame 2

Christmas Candle pack

Vintage Doily 1

Other products used:   Gesso, Distress Paint, Distress Pens,  Lace, Embossing Powder, Bling and glue



3 comments: