Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Amanda Lawrence - November - Part 1

This month I was lucky enough to have a few of the BRAND NEW poly stencils to play with! I was so excited to receive them in the mail and I couldn't wait to start playing with them. There are so many possibilities and uses for them so today I will share a few of my techniques. 

Christmas Disco


I had this photo of my son rockin' it out at the Christmas Disco at school last year and thought a scattering of stars would be the perfect embellies to showcase it. 


I began with one of the poly stencils for my background. This one has an awesome burst of stars on it. I simply traced around the inside edge of the stars with a black watercolour pencil. After I removed the stencil I lightly blended the lines towards the centre of the stars with a water brush. 



I used a heap of chipboard stars on this layout too. I covered them with some strips of washi tape and then flipped them over and trimmed the excess with a sharp knife. When I added them to the page they seemed a little 'lost' so I added a line around the edges with a finetip sharpie pen.


For the title I added a few a the chevrons from the micro sheet. These were simply coloured with my sharpie marker. You get loads of different sized chevrons on the sheet and they make the perfect accents to add to your pages.


My lower cluster had more washi covered stars and also a camera from another micro sheet. This was also simply coloured with a black sharpie . 

Memory Maze products used:


Other products used:
Simple Stories papers, Bazzil cardstock, washi tape, AC thickers, Simple Stories alphabet stickers, watercolour pencil, sharpie

......................................................................

Precious Moments


I just love those little moments shared between brother and sister. I found them on the couch together one morning, him reading her a story. Moments like this I will always treasure. 



The poly stencil I used for this layout would have to be my favourite ever! A scattering of random uneven circles makes the perfect bokeh background. I choose 3 colours of paint to coordinate with my photo and dabbed them on with a sea sponge through the stencil. I started with the first colour and just moved the stencil around till I got an even scattering. Then for the second and third colours I did the same but made sure that in some areas they circles overlapped to create the bokeh effect with is so popular right now. 


One of the colours of paint I chose was this pretty metallic blue which I have also used on the frame around my photo. When I had the photos printed I ended up with two so I have layered the spare one underneath to add interest. I also used quite a few chipboard hearts from various packs which I have covered in washi tape.


The title is made up of two of the mini words. I simply can't get enough of these! They are the perfect size and with 3 fonts to choose from you are certain of one to suit. More of that yummy metallic blue paint and they were ready to use. I have mounted them on one of the hollow hearts from the multi pack. 

Memory Maze products used:


Other products used:

Dear Lizzy papers, Kraft cardstock, paper doiley, vellum pocket, paper flowers, washi tape, rhinestones, sequins, journal card, black pen, paint, MoTEX label maker

......................................................................

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget about our monthly competition. All you need to do is make a project using one of the many Memory Maze chipboard titles or words and link it up on the blog. Still plenty of time before the end of the month to get your entries in.

See you later in November with some more projects to share.

Amanda x


No comments:

Post a Comment