Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October Design Team Share Donna O'leary

Hello all my lovelies,   How are you all.  I see the design team have been sharing some AMAZING crafty ideas with their Memory Maze.  Please feel free to leave some comments on the posts you enjoy,  we love to hear back what you like or even an idea that could be added to our posts.   Today I am going to share a mixed media layout of my daughter Amber-Leigh,  I have used lots of different mediums to complete my layout and dress my memory maze chipboard.   Enjoy!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

YOUR MAKE MY HEART HAPPY


I have used two different pieces of Memory Maze chipboard on this layout but it looks like more as I have cut my doilies into three different sizes to frame my photo.


Before I cut my chipboard I used my white distress paint to cover the entire piece.  I then decide with my other piece of memory maze chipboard  to stamp it with a font stamp to add interest and finished it off with some distress ink for highlighting.


Here you can see the font stamp, this could be any stamp,  I prefer ones that have small font.  I have used a blue ink to go round the edges and then splattered some more by adding a bit of ink to my craft mat, adding water and picking it up with a paint brush and tapping the brush to where I thought I would like a bit more color.


This last photo shows some of the dollies that I cut to frame my photo.  I love how we can make our stash last a bit longer  by cutting it up.  Do you have any tips for making your stash last a bit longer, we would love to hear from you. 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

MEMORY MAZE PRODUCT USED

Vintage Lace Doily 1

Trial 8

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

 Well thats me for today I will be back later in the month with another project to share.  I hope you enjoyed today's share and it inspires you to go create.


  Until next time, Happy scrappin everyone xox Donna

2 comments:

  1. It's a good idea to cut up the chipboard to make it go further.

    ReplyDelete