Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Tracey Campbell's Mid September Reveal

 Hello again everyone, welcome to my Mid September reveal. I have a four very different layouts to share with you today.

Navy, You & Me

 
After over ten years in the Defence Force I have many un-scrapped photos and seeing as I have finally found the perfect embellishments or titles to go along with those photo I will be doing a lot of Navy layouts.....I promise I won't share them all with you....I don't want to bore you all. :) Anyway my first layout that I have to share is one of the first photos that my husband and I have of us together. It was taken at my passing out parade when I finished my Officer training. Not sure if you can read all of the title it reads "Without the Navy there would be no You and Me" I wanted the layout to reflect that we meet while we were both serving.
Memory Maze Product used
Product ID:    LO219 Navy
 
 
*****************************

Hi


The polaroid and square Instagram photos are really "in" right now and  I have been wanting to do a layout using frames and when I got a packet of the Matt Board Square set I just knew how to use the smaller squares. These frames come with dimension already added and the texture of the material it is made out of is great for adding your own colour. In my "Hi" layout I have added washi tape stripes to one, misted another, painted and stamped on yet another and each one looks great. I have a heap of the large ones left so keep a look out on the blog and how I use them.
Memory Maze Product used
Product ID:    M0002 Matt Board Square Set
*****************************

Believe in the Magic Always

I wanted to add a bit of magic and whimsy to this layout so I created a water colour swirl with floating butterflies and confetti. To highlight the photo I used the chipboard scribble to surround the photo of Bronte with her balloons. I have been asked a few times now how I get my chipboard colours so vibrant ....well the answer is simple....I cover it with white gesso and then paint it a colour to match the rest of the elements in the layout. The gesso brings the chipboard back to a neutral colour so that other colours can be absorbed.  In this layout I only wanted a subtle colour so I used pastel colours.  
Memory Maze Product used
Product ID:    Z0044 Scribble
 
 *****************************

Perth


Just a fun layout to go along with some photo of my friends and I when we got off the ship HMAS KANIMBLA from our sea training cruise in Perth. We had a day spare to explore the city before flying back to HMAS CRESWELL for more training. Here we are in front of the bell tower down on the river front. I have used the chipboard chevrons and the arrows and painted them with acrylic paint then coated with Dimensional Magic to give them a glossy look.
 
Memory Maze Product used
Product ID: LO199 Arrows
Product ID:     SO768 Chevron
 
 *****************************
Thanks for stopping by, see you next month.
Hugs
Tracey

1 comment: